Reading time: 4 – 6 minutes
I’ve never done this before, but feel inspired by a friend’s entry listing 30 things about herself. It was so much more interesting than I had expected! So, in one sitting, here are 30 things about me that I can think of right now. A lot of this is probably already familiar, and then some parts may be TMI! Enjoy!
01. I am gay (duh).
02. I am 100% Vegetarian and 90% Vegan.
03. My inherent, primary philosophies about life found immediate resonance in the teachings of non-physical Beings who speak through channels. Those spirits, or Entities, go by the names of “Michael,” “Seth,” “Emmanuel,” “Lazaris,” and “Orin and DaBen.”
04. Despite the amazing love and support I have in my life, my best friend EVER was my dog, Pluto, who died after only 5 years of friendship from Cancer (he was euthanized in my arms).
05. I have now been diagnosed as HIV+ as of 2007 and am now technically “living with AIDS” (I am perfectly healthy, don’t worry).
06. I have a hard time believing that HIV or AIDS exists as we currently understand it because of the extreme lack of science to support the theories, but now I have to live as if it is true, which sucks ass because it feels like I have been recruited into a blind, fanatical religion against my will.
07. I have now lived in New York City for over half of my life.
08. Jane Roberts had a profound impact on who I am today as a channel, philosopher, writer, and counselor.
09. I enjoy my time with electronics and non-human animals probably just a little bit more than I do with humans these days.
10. I find Political Correctness to be appalling and harmful.
11. I rarely tell people what I do for a living unless they ask (yes, my work is kinda loony).
12. I rarely relate to anyone who does what I do for a living (most are a bunch of loons).
13. My greatest unfulfilled aspirations are to successfully publish a well-accepted novel and a non-fiction book (I’m working on it!)
14. My greatest fulfilled aspirations are all related to helping people and animals to have and create better lives for themselves.
15. I almost died in 2007 in a hospital in The Netherlands and spent several days in a coma.
16. Before I almost died, I have always done anything for “Love.” For the first time in my life now, I have a peace about Love that has turned my pursuit… into an invitation, instead.
17. Most of my guy friends are my ex-boyfriends.
18. I have lost several close women friends because I was not interested in their sexual affections.
19. I lived for 18 years being abused my Mother. Now I have not seen or spoken to her since I left home in 1986. And she has never tried to contact me, even when she heard that I was dying in a hospital far away.
20. I communicate with the dead every day, but I really don’t want to die. I really love this life.
21. The greatest ambient influence on my soul is the music of Cocteau Twins and one of the greatest days of life was when I met them… and they knew who I was.
22. After hearing a lengthy speech about me and my influence on my high school, I won a writing award that had not been given in 17 years. I accepted my award to a standing ovation and I was sobbing.
23. I was voted “Most Cheerful,” and “Most Outrageously Dressed” in my Senior Class in high school.
24. Despite being 41 years old (at the time of this post), I still enjoy life as if I am just getting started.
25. I think Zombies and Clowns are two of THE most terrifying things on the planet.
26. The most disheartening and shocking things in life for me are having to watch and tolerate people choosing Convenience and Self-preservation over Compassion and Kindness. I can’t wait for people to stop hurting animals for food, clothing, and experiments. It is a great and (not so) secret sadness I carry about people.
27. When I look at people and things, I see colors and shapes dancing around and through them and I sometimes know what they mean.
28. Despite being very sexual all of my life (from a very early age), I am actually very vanilla.
29. I fall in love from the head, down.
30. Believe it, or not, I always do the things I do because I truly love doing most of what I choose to do, and not for any reward, applause, or praise.
That concludes 30 Things About Me today…